POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) : Re: something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB) Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:07:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something I've been working on (MPEG1, 468KB)
From: Rune
Date: 13 Oct 2006 20:38:21
Message: <4530317d@news.povray.org>
Zeger Knaepen wrote:
> I call it a "Particlesystem" ! :)

Nice animation.

> no, seriously.  I had to make my own particlesystem, because
> apparently there's no way to randomize Rune's particle-system (the
> variable particle_seed is never used, you might want to look into
> that, Rune :))

That sound odd, but I don't have time to look into it right now (or probably
anytime soon).

> and I couldn't just change it in his code or I would
> have to release it under the GPL, which I don't like (GPL is like a
> virus: everything that uses something that has it, becomes a GPL'ed
> thing itself).

You sound like it would be almost a brand new system if you fixed this bug
in my system, and you'd then have to release this "new" system under the GPL
too. That seems a bit odd to me.

Anyway, I was very reluctant in the beginning to release the system under
the GPL, but people in the POV community highly requested it (when the
alternative was a "not for commercial use" clause). I guess you can't please
everybody.

> As with all my include files, it's not yet finished and maybe never
> will be :-/
> it all depends on how much demand there is for yet another particle
> system.

Only time will tell.

Rune
--